KUMBARILLA (NEAR DALBY), QUEENSLAND
- One of the largest solar and hydrogen energy generation projects in Queensland
- Stage one – 100MWp solar farm providing 220GWh green power and a pilot green hydrogen production facility with 250KW electrolysis for R&D purposes
- Stage two – 100MWp solar farm and utility scale green hydrogen production facilities with 80MW electrolysis
- Over 140 employment opportunities
- Construction commencing in late 2021
K-REP is an ambitious solar and hydrogen energy generation project. The project will be delivered in two stages, initially with a 100MWp solar farm providing 220GWh green power to local industries and will also pilot green hydrogen production facilities with 250KW electrolysis for R&D purposes. Stage two of the project (estimated to commence construction in 2023) will consist of additional 100MWp solar farm and utility scale green hydrogen production facilities with 80MW electrolysis.
It is envisaged that following early stage research and investment in hydrogen generation during stage one, stage two will scale up green hydrogen H2 production facilities for multiple applications including export. The project is estimated to create over 140 jobs during the construction phase and leave a sustainable economic benefit to the region once developed. The community is championing this project and the project is on track to commence construction in late 2021.
Visit K-REP for more information or watch Mayor Paul McVeigh discuss the project’s benefits to the Western Downs region.